Installation Failed Office 2021 or Office 365 In Mac Office 2021 or Office 365 on a Mac is usually a straightforward process. However, in some cases, users may encounter errors or issues that prevent successful installation.
One common problem is when the installation fails altogether. In this article, we will provide a detailed troubleshooting guide to help you resolve the installation failure for Office 2021 and Office 365 on your Mac.
Before we begin Installation Failed Office 2021 or Office 365 In Mac:
Ensure that your Mac meets the system requirements for the Office version you are trying to install.
Make sure you have a stable internet connection throughout the Microsoft office installation process.
Disable any antivirus or firewall software temporarily to avoid interference with the installation.
Troubleshooting steps to fix installation failed Error while installing Office:
Step 1: Check for software conflicts
1.Close all running applications on your Mac.
2.Open the “Applications” folder and move any existing Microsoft Office applications to the trash.
3.This includes previous versions of Office or any related applications.
4.Restart your Mac and attempt the installation failed Error while installing Office again.
step 2: Clear previous installation files
1.Open Finder and navigate to the “Applications” folder.
2.Look for any files related to Microsoft Office, such as “Microsoft Office 2021” or “Microsoft Office 365.” Move them to the trash.
3.Open the “Library” folder. You can access it by clicking “Go” in the top menu bar and holding down the “Option” key to reveal the “Library” option.
4.In the Library folder, locate and delete any Microsoft Office-related files or folders. Empty the trash.
5.Restart your Mac and attempt the installation again.
Step 3: Use the Microsoft Office Uninstaller tool.
1.Download and run the official Microsoft Office Uninstaller tool for Mac from the Microsoft website.
2.Follow the prompts to uninstall any existing Microsoft Office installations completely.
3.Restart your Mac.
4.Attempt the installation again.
Step 4: Repair disk permissions
- Open the “Disk Utility” application on your Mac. You can find it in the “Utilities” folder within the “Applications” folder
- Select your Mac’s startup disk from the left-hand sidebar.
- Click on the “First Aid” tab.
- Click the “Repair Disk Permissions” button and allow the process to complete.
- Restart your Mac and attempt the installation again.
Step 5: Install in Safe Mode
- Restart your Mac and immediately press and hold the “Shift” key while it boots up.
- Release the “Shift” key when you see the login screen.
- Log in to your Mac and attempt the installation again.
- Restart your Mac normally after the installation is complete.