The SynTPEnh.exe application error typically manifests as a pop-up message or a notification on your Windows screen. The error message may vary but often includes phrases like “SynTPEnh.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close” “The application failed to initialise properly (0xc000012d).”
Solutions to Resolve the SynTPEnh.exe Application Error on windows:
Solution 1: Update Synaptics Touchpad Drivers
1. Press the Windows key + X on your keyboard and choose the “Device Manager” from the menu.
2. Expand the “Mice and other pointing devices” category.
3. Right-click on your Synaptics touchpad device and select “Update driver.”
4. Choose the option to automatically search for updated drivers online.
5. Allow the process to complete and follow any additional instructions.
Solution 2: Reinstall Synaptics Touchpad Drivers
1. Open the Device Manager as explained in Solution
2. Right-click on your Synaptics touchpad device
3. Select “Uninstall device.”
4. Restart your computer.
5. Windows will automatically reinstall the touchpad drivers upon startup.
If it does not, visit your laptop manufacturer’s website to download and install the latest drivers.
Possible Causes of the SynTPEnh.exe Application Error:
Several factors can contribute to the SynTPEnh.exe application error in windows . Here are some common causes:
Outdated or Incompatible Drivers:
If the Synaptics touchpad drivers installed on your system are outdated or incompatible with your operating system, it can occurred the Windows SynTPEnh.exe error.
Corrupted System Files:
System files essential for the proper functioning of SynTPEnh.exe error message may have become corrupted due to malware infections, improper shutdowns, or other system issues.
Certain software or applications on your computer may conflict with windows SynTPEnh.exe, resulting in errors. This can occur if another program attempts to access or modify touchpad settings simultaneously.
More Quick Solutions to FixSynTPEnh.exe Application Error on windows:
Solution 3: Perform System File Checker (SFC) Scan
1. Click the Windows key + X and choose the “Command Prompt (Admin)” from the menu.
2. In the Command Prompt window, type “sfc /scannow” (without quotes) and hit Enter.
3. Allow the scan to complete. If any corrupted system files are found, the SFC scan will attempt to repair them automatically.
Solution 4: Disable Conflicting Programs
1. Press the keys Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open the Task Manager.
2. Go to the “Startup” tab and disable any programs that may conflict with the SynTPEnh.exe process.
3. Right-click on the program and select “Disable.”
Encountering the SynTPEnh.exe application error on Windows can disrupt your workflow, especially if you rely heavily on your laptop’s touchpad. However, by following the troubleshooting solutions provided in this article, you should be able to resolve the issue and restore the proper functioning of your Synaptics touchpad drivers.
Remember to keep your drivers updated and perform regular system maintenance to prevent such errors from occurring in the future.
Synaptics Pointing Devices enable touch sensitivity on devices such as laptops, touchscreens, and special keyboards. SynTPEnh.exe makes additional configuration options and enhancements, such as defining button functions and changing sensitivity, available for Synaptics touchpads.
It develops and markets sound processing chips for voice recognition, used in voice controlled devices, including far-field voice DSPs. In addition to its processors, it also develops display driver IC chips for technology such as VR headsets.
How to Disable a Synaptics Touchpad
- Click “Start | Control Panel” to open Mouse Properties.
- Click “Device Settings.” Select “Synaptics Touchpad”
- click “Disable” to turn off the device.
- Click “OK” to close Mouse Properties
SynTp stands for Synaptics Touchpad Driver. SynTP. sys is a Windows driver.